Veteran Employment Transition (VET) Program & Hiring Forums
During this 8-10 week internship program, you’ll develop an understanding of the day-to-day responsibilities of a full-time Wells Fargo team member as you deepen your professional experience and network by learning on-the-job and participating in special training opportunities. You’ll experience Wells Fargo’s culture first-hand, and see how our Vision and Values drive how we work with our clients, and one another.
The program begins in early April with an intensive, five-day training and orientation session led by professional instructors and senior Wells Fargo team members. There, you’ll network with your peers and Wells Fargo leaders while you develop your skills and knowledge of our financial products and services. Then, you’ll join a team of experienced Wells Fargo team members for on-the-job training and development that includes:
- On-the-job experience: Working as part of a team within your business group you will learn how to perform the daily tasks and how our actions serve our internal and external customers as a contributor, listener and observer.
- Professional support: You will be matched with a mentor who will be your resource and coach, available to answer your questions, help you through challenging situations, and give you feedback throughout the course of the internship.
- Leadership Insights: Wells Fargo’s top leaders will speak to their take on the trends across the industry, our goals, support of our Vision and Values while also speaking to how to make the most of your internship experience.
- Networking: Whether engaged in a veteran cohort experience, working side by side on the desk with your team, learning about strategies from managers and senior leaders the networking potential through your experience is great. Formal events throughout your experience vary based on your line of business and host location.
2017 Participating Lines of Business — 2018 to be announced soon
Wells Fargo’s goal to hire 20,000 veterans by 2020 signifies a tremendous amount of support for our transitioning veterans. We will continue to involve additional teams across the business to provide more opportunities for veterans in Wells Fargo. Below are the teams that housed interns in 2017, we will update the site with the participating teams soon:
- Wells Fargo Securities, the fastest growing full service investment bank in the world crafting creative solutions for businesses
- Wealth and Investment Management builds enduring client relationships through sound thoughtful and objective advice. Helping clients develop plans from retirement goals to business succession planning
- Financial Crimes/Risk helps Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk over several key areas: operational, market, credit, compliance and domestic AML
Credit & Lending Groups:
- Business Banking serves business customers with annual revenues of $5-20 million
- Middle Market Banking works with business customers with annual revenues of $20-500+ million and has the highest market share of middle market company relationships in the US
- Corporate Banking works with some of the largest, most well-known companies in the U.S. with revenues exceeding $500 million
- Commercial Real Estate provides financing to commercial real estate owners, developers and investors as is the largest Commercial Real Estate lender in the US
- Government & Institutional Banking works with government entities and education, non-profit, and healthcare institutions
- Wells Fargo Commercial Capital provides tailored, market-specific financing (Capital Finance, Equipment Finance, Corporate Trust Services, and Asset-Backed Finance)
Positions will be located in many cities throughout the U.S. Offers are made for a specific line of business and location based on candidate’s interest and business need.
The goal of the program is to offer a supportive environment to transitioning veterans, arming them with ample educational opportunities to determine if a career in financial services is the next step in their career. Understanding this step is an important decision, we offer mentorship and coaching throughout the internship to foster a successful experience and transparent knowledge about the opportunities ahead. Full-time offers are dependent upon successful completion of the program and are offered towards the end of the program experience.
How to Interview
Wells Fargo’s participating lines of business host a conference, where you'll have the opportunity to learn from successful Wells Fargo team members, who will share their expertise to accelerate your level of understanding of lines of business, products and teams you’d be working alongside.
You'll develop a deep understanding of Wells Fargo's unique values and culture, which you will experience first-hand in your interactions with our team members.
The forum includes:
- An introduction to the financial services industry and the various lines of business hosting transitioning talent.
- The chance to develop your professional network, learn key interviewing skills, and leave with a professional headshot
- Presentations hosted by senior Wells Fargo leaders
- Networking and community support opportunities
- The opportunity to interview for a VET internship position
Forum Dates and Locations:
- Forum dates and locations for 2017-2018 will be announced in the coming months.
The program is open to all veterans in transition out of military service (preferably by Jan 2018) with a bachelor’s degree in any major.
Submit your application online