Wealth & Investment Management
Wealth & Investment Management (WIM) Summer Intern Program
The teams within Wells Fargo Wealth & Investment Management work together to help clients achieve financial piece of mind. Our clients range from individuals planning for retirement, to high-net-worth families planning for future generations.
Be part of a team that builds relationships to help these dynamic customers reach their financial goals by participating in the WIM Summer Intern Program. You’ll gain work experience, build your network, connect with Wells Fargo senior leaders, and learn about Wells Fargo's culture.
As a member of the Summer Intern Program, you’ll work in a collaborative environment focused on supporting your personal and professional development. Gain real-world experience in the fields of investment management, financial analytics, project management, consulting, and more while you broaden your network and expand your understanding of the financial services industry.
During the ten-week program, you’ll also work with your peers to complete a group project, gain exposure to senior leaders, and benefit from coaching and feedback sessions. The program also provides access to an exclusive virtual learning series and the chance to take part in a community service project that will give you a better understanding of Wells Fargo’s culture, and our Vision and Values.
The WIM Internship Program consists of two tracks: Cross WIM and WIM Financial Advisor (FA).
- Cross WIM: Intern positions are available throughout Wealth, Brokerage, Retirement, Abbot Downing, WFII, WFAM, and Staff lines of businesses. Program participants gain a deeper knowledge of the financial services industry through hands-on experience in the fields of investment management, financial analytics, project management, consulting, and beyond.
- WIM FA: Intern positions located in Private Client Group (PCG) branches mentoring under a Financial Advisor
You will join one of the following teams during your summer internship:
- Wealth Management: Wealth Management business is a leading provider of financial services to high-net worth clients through Wells Fargo Private Bank, and to the affluent segment through partnerships between Wealth Brokerage Services and the Community Bank. In Wealth Management, clients are provided with a complete range of solutions to help them manage, preserve and transfer their wealth.
- Abbot Downing: A boutique business within Wells Fargo that serves individuals and families with investable assets of at least $50 million or net worth of $100 million, as well as their endowments and foundations. Abbot Downing strives to build long-standing relationships by helping clients preserve and grow wealth, address the impact of wealth across generations and leave a legacy of purpose.
- Wells Fargo Advisors: Wells Fargo Advisors operates the nation’s third-largest Brokerage business with over 15,000 Financial Advisors and nearly 4,000 licensed bankers in retail stores across the U.S. Wells Fargo Advisors administer $1.4 trillion in client assets. Unprecedented choice and flexibility for Financial Advisors and their clients is provided through distinct business channels supported by established products, services and technology.
- Retirement: Wells Fargo Retirement is a top retirement provider to retail and institutional customers across the U.S. Wells Fargo ranks second in annuity distribution, sixth in IRA assets and eighth in retirement recordkeeping. The company also administers custody assets, provides investments and executive benefits to institutional clients and delivers reinsurance services to global insurance companies.
- Wells Fargo Investment Institute (WFII): Wells Fargo Investment Institute is an organization that provides global manager research and investment strategy advice to Wells Fargo’s Wealth, Brokerage and Retirement division.
- Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM): Wells Fargo Asset Management brings together a strategic balance of investment capabilities to serve the investment needs of institutions, financial advisors, and individuals worldwide.
- Interact with leaders at all levels of the organization including senior leaders, team members, individual contributors, and vendors
- Provide customer service to clients and internal team members as needed and appropriate
- Understand processes and workflows and make recommendations for process improvements
- Bring closure to issues, questions, and requests
- Learn new systems, applications, and processes
- Lead or participate in projects or support activities
How you'll contribute
During your summer at Wells Fargo, the team you join will benefit from your commitment to hard work, your willingness to learn and ask questions, and the recent accounting and finance classes that you’ve taken. You will also have the chance to support your team through special assignments, and support your community during volunteer activities.
Your next step
After successfully completing the summer program, you’ll be ready to apply to participate in the full-time program once you graduate.
Applicants must have at least 1 month of professional experience through internships, part- or full-time work.Desired
- An undergraduate degree candidate with a graduation date of December 2018 — May 2020
- Completion of coursework in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Communications, English, or related field
- Experience successfully collaborating with others in a change-driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Leadership experience including coaching, training, and mentoring
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry