Business Lending & Relationship Management
Business Banking Summer Internship Program
Wells Fargo Business Banking clients are businesses with annual sales ranging from $5 to $20 million. These businesses have complex financial services needs and rely on our relationship management teams to uncover business lending, cash management, and risk management opportunities to help them grow and thrive.
Learn what it's like to be part of the Business Banking team first-hand during this summer program. You'll discover what it's like to connect with Wells Fargo senior leaders, and learn about Wells Fargo's culture.
The program offers specialized training designed to accelerate your professional skills. This includes credit training from leading experts, and frequent skill development sessions with your peers and your manager. All this will help you see how the skills you’ve learned in the classroom are applied to the customers we serve.
This program offers a breadth of resources focused on your development. In addition to your direct program manager, you will be paired with a high-performing mentor that is committed to developing future business banking leaders. You will also have access to an experienced leader within Business Banking and the community. They will be your on-site coach and help you get the most out of your internship.
You may take on some of the following responsibilities based on the functional team that you join:
- Learn business lending, financial analytics, marketing, consulting, and more
- Participate in team member and partner meetings
- Attend in person customer meetings with bankers
- Assist in the analysis of credit requests and writing of credit analysis proposals
- Observe relationship management activities
How you'll contribute
During your summer at Wells Fargo, the team you join will benefit from your commitment to hard work, your willingness to learn and ask questions, and the recent accounting and finance classes that you’ve taken. You will also have the chance to support your team through special assignments, and support your community during volunteer activities.
Your next step
After completing the Business Banking Summer Internship Program you will have the option to apply to the full-time Business Banking Analyst Program
Program opportunities are available nationwide
- 1+ month of professional experience through internships, part-time, or full-time work
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university undergraduate program majoring in Finance, Financial Management, Accounting, or similar major in a business related field with a target graduation date of December 2018 thru May/June 2019
- Applicants must have completed or be in the process of completing at least two basic Accounting classes and two Intermediate Accounting classes
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry
- Leadership experience
- Financial analysis or accounting experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Experience successfully collaborating with others in a change driven environment
- Prior customer facing work experience