Wealth & Investment Management
Wealth & Investment Management (WIM) Analyst Program
The teams within Wells Fargo Wealth & Investment Management work together to help clients achieve financial piece of mind. Our clients range from individuals planning for retirement, to high-net-worth families planning for future generations.
Be part of a team that builds relationships to help these dynamic customers reach their financial goals by participating in the WIM Analyst Program. You’ll gain work experience, build your network, connect with Wells Fargo senior leaders, and learn about Wells Fargo's culture.
As a member of the Analyst Program, you’ll work in a collaborative environment focused on supporting your personal and professional development by joining one of the following areas within Wealth & Investment Management:
- Wealth Management: Wealth Management business is a leading provider of financial services to high-net worth clients through Wells Fargo Private Bank, and to the affluent segment through partnerships between Wealth Brokerage Services and the Community Bank. In Wealth Management, clients are provided with a complete range of solutions to help them manage, preserve and transfer their wealth.
- Wells Fargo Advisors: Wells Fargo Advisors operates the nation’s third-largest Brokerage business with over 15,000 Financial Advisors and nearly 4,000 licensed bankers in retail stores across the U.S. Wells Fargo Advisors administer $1.4 trillion in client assets. Unprecedented choice and flexibility for Financial Advisors and their clients is provided through distinct business channels supported by established products, services and technology.
- Retirement: Wells Fargo Retirement is a top retirement provider to retail and institutional customers across the U.S. Wells Fargo ranks second in annuity distribution, sixth in IRA assets and eighth in retirement recordkeeping. The company also administers custody assets, provides investments and executive benefits to institutional clients and delivers reinsurance services to global insurance companies.
- Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM): Wells Fargo Asset Management brings together a strategic balance of investment capabilities to serve the investment needs of clients worldwide: institutions, financial advisors, and individuals. Wells Capital Management is a registered investment advisor and a dedicated institutional asset manager within the WFAM umbrella. Their mission is to deliver superior investment service to our institutional clients globally.
- Abbot Downing: Abbot Downing is a boutique business within Wells Fargo that serves individuals and families with investable assets of at least $50 million or net worth of $100 million, as well as their endowments and foundations. Abbot Downing strives to build long-standing relationships by helping clients preserve and grow wealth, address the impact of wealth across generations and leave a legacy of purpose.
- Wells Fargo Investment Institute (WFII): Wells Fargo Investment Institute is an organization that provides global manager research and investment strategy advice to Wells Fargo's Wealth and Investment Management division.
The program begins with a ten-month period including immersive sessions that focus on key businesses, perform group project work, receive coaching and mentoring, and exposure to key leaders. Development opportunities will support your communication and presentation skills, an understanding of products and markets, and personal branding awareness and development.
At the end of the program, you’ll have the chance to present your group project work to the WIM operating committee. Then, you’ll continue to work full-time in the role within your assigned group.
- Frequently interact with leaders at all levels of the organization including senior management, team members, individual contributors and vendors
- Provide customer service to clients and internal team members
- Understand processes and workflows and make recommendations for process improvements
- Bring closure to issues, questions and requests
- Provide possible solutions to address businesses needs by presenting ideas verbally or in writing to customers and/or management
- Consistently learn new systems, applications, processes and techniques
- Lead or participate in projects or support activities, which are moderate in size and organization span
Your Next Step
After successfully completing the program, you will be expected to continue in your assigned role for two years. Then, you will have the experience you need to succeed in a career with WIM.
- At least three months of professional experience through internships, part- or full-time work, or demonstrated leadership experience in a community setting
- Proven competency and comfort with written and oral communication
- Demonstrated ability to organize tasks, manage time, and establish priorities and deadlines
- Intermediate PC and Microsoft Office applications experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Demonstrated experience successfully collaborating with others in a change driven environment
- Undergraduate program candidate with a targeted graduation date of December 2016 — May, 2018
- Proven completion of coursework in Business, Economics, Finance and Accounting, Marketing, Communications, English or related field
- Ability and availability to travel based on business needs
- Relevant exposure to the financial services industry