Investment Banking Associate Program
Continue your journey toward becoming an associate with Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) in investment banking and develop skills that will take you further in this competitive area of financial services. During the Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) Investment Banking Associate Program, you'll be challenged to learn new things, and become part of one of Wall Street's fastest growing investment banks.
As a full-time associate in the WFS Investment Banking Associate Program, you’ll be placed in one of the following industry or product groups based on your interests and business needs:
- Consumer, Healthcare and Gaming
- Energy & Power
- Financial Institutions
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- Eastdil Secured (Real Estate)
- Financial Sponsors
- Middle Market
- Corporate Finance
- Leveraged Finance
- Mergers & Acquisitions/Advisory
At the beginning of the program, you’ll join other associates from across the country during an eight-week in-person training program focused on financial accounting, cash flow, credit analysis, financial modeling, valuation, and preparation for the Series 79 and 63 license exams. Additional training, which will continue to further your skills and provide you with the chance to deepen your network with other associates, will be available throughout the program.
As part of your team, you will help orchestrate capital-raising and strategic advisory transactions. Your responsibilities may include:
- Developing and maintaining models to depict projected financial results and to value companies
- Supporting various financial analyses, including valuations and merger consequences
- Performing comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research
- Preparing presentations and other client materials
- Conducting research, participating in strategic planning, and assisting in the execution of advisory services
- Participating in client meetings, due-diligence visits, and other client interactions to gain exposure to key executives and senior bankers
- Developing and mentoring junior talent
Program opportunities are available in Charlotte, NC, New York, NY, and San Francisco, CA. Limited opportunities may also be available in Houston, TX, and Los Angeles, CA.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Demonstrated excellence in working effectively as an individual and as part of a team
- Strong personal motivation, attention to detail, and creative mindset
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a deadline-driven environment
- Dedication to building a career in the financial services industry
- Willingness to work long hours in a demanding, highly focused, collaborative, and team environment
- A second-year MBA student working to obtain a master's degree in business administration with coursework in financial accounting and corporate finance with an anticipated graduation date by June, 2018
- Professional experience through internships, part-time or full-time work, or extracurricular activities
- An individual who demonstrates a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results
Additional Business Group Information
This group delivers debt and equity underwriting, mergers and acquisitions, and loan syndications for middle-market, large corporate, financial sponsor, and institutional clients.
- Corporate Finance provides financing and structuring advice, liability management, ratings advisory and technical expertise on tax and accounting to help clients optimize their capital structures.
- Financial Sponsors originates leveraged finance, mergers and acquisitions, and equity transactions.
- Industry Coverage provides investment banking and advisory services to clients in Consumer, Healthcare and Gaming, Energy and Power, Financial Institutions, Industrials, and Technology, Media and Telecommunications.
- Leveraged Finance originates, structures, underwrites, and executes loan syndication and high-yield transactions for corporate and financial sponsor clients. Provides financing solutions tailored to corporate and financial sponsor clients to support acquisition financing, growth financing, recapitalizations and refinancing transactions.
- Mergers and Acquisitions/Advisory assists middle-market and large corporate clients in achieving their strategic and financial objectives in partnership with industry and specialty coverage groups. Services include sell-side advisory, buy-side advisory, strategic financial advisory, fairness opinions, takeover defense, and private equity placements.
- Regional Investment Banking provides investment banking coverage to select middle-market clients and emerging growth companies in Wells Fargo's core commercial and retail geographic footprint. The group advises middle-market financial sponsors and has dedicated merger and acquisition execution capabilities.